Even more big news about the upcoming unveiling of the Zenfone 3 line-up. First, let’s say these details are from Jerry Shen, Asus CEO, which means you can honestly start planning your pre order.
Zenfone 3 models confirmed:
- Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
- Zenfone 3 Max (ZC552KL) (ZC551KL)
- Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZE552ML)
- the new phones will be available in six countries by August. Shen didn’t specify which countries so we will be keeping our eyes out for those details.
Zenfone 3 Prices:
- $260 to $307 US
- Asus will compete with Huawei and Oppo in the $300+ US market in China
- 90% of the Zenfone 3 models will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processors
- 10% will be powered by MediaTek processors
Zenfone 3 Max:
- Sales of the Zenfone 3 Max are hoped to be 2/3 of the total Zenfone 3 shipments
This is fabulous news indeed. According to Asus, their Zenfone 3 line-up will be targeting the mid-range segment. However it does sound like Asus will have one or two models that are in a high price range as well. Price wise, the shift from Intel doesn’t seem that it’s going to mean more expensive Zenfone’s. That is what we are understanding about the shift from Intel in the Zenfone line-up. Shen says the change will not undermine Asus’ gross margin.